Friday, November 11, 2022

Indigo Dyed Linen Top

 I like the linen fabrics from Fabrics-Store.  This top is in their lightweight linen and the pattern is from their website. Patterns are downloadable with Acrobat reader if you are a registered customer. This is the Agustina Boxy Top which I have modified to not include the bands around the capped sleeves. 

I cut out the two pattern pieces for front and back after washing the linen.

Then I used an arashi technique in an iron-reduced indigo vat.  I first wrapped it around the pole and dyed it. I did three dips. Then, I  undid the wrap, and clamped as you can see on the front of the top.   I dipped twice more. 

Then, after the pieces dried, I sewed together. I like to hand stitch and finished the neckband and the sleeves by hand. I left the hem undone, maybe due to laziness! I may do some decorative stitching on the front, however. The lines just call to me!

I love the coolness and the drape of this top!






No comments:

Post a Comment