Sunday, November 22, 2015

Bobbin Boy...SAFF part two

Several years ago, I purchased an old 19th century spinning wheel and am working to get it functional. 




Wood and fiber just go together. As the daughter of an antique dealer, I of course find antique items interesting. So while I was at SAFF I was very happy to meet Milissa and Alan of Bobbin Boy, who restore old fiber equipment.  They have an array of videos at their facebook page and some diy tips for old fiber equipment. Here are some photos. Here is Milissa at an old wool wheel. Wish I had one...



An old adjustable skein winder




This lovely barn loom really caught my eye...



Do read this...most touching





Here is a form of clock reel also known as a "weasel" 



Alan will make bobbins for your old wheel...






2 comments:

  1. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job. Organic Cotton Melange

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shared this informative and interesting post with us. wordpress web development company

    ReplyDelete