Sunday, April 16, 2017

Happy Spring 2017! Bunny, Baby Chicks, and Knitted Easter Eggs

Busy week here. Yesterday I was picking up baby chicks for my sister...I would have chickens myself but my neighborhood is wrong for that...on the way home I stopped at an antique store in Hardeeville SC and look what I found:


 It is a 1952 Singer Featherweight Model 221. I have been desiring one for a while so I treated myself for my birthday.  She runs like a top.


The original owner, the guy from "Damn Yankees" Antiques (a Yankee himself I belief) thought it came from either Beaufort or Hilton Head.   It was serviced in Princeton NJ in 1978:


And here is the first output from her:  working on a Kaffe Fassett Squares quilt




I purchased the machine quickly as there were chicks in the car, 6 in all here are photos of a couple. I am just chicksitting overnight






Here is this year's egg tree. it looks unfocused but it isn't



Two new eggs this year,  the Koigu egg was loosely based on this pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/elegant-easter-eggs. I love my koigu and will do more. I bought wooden eggs to insert inside


And this lace egg, here is a link to the pattern http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/1-osterei. After making Russian Pysanki at a class some years ago, I realized that eggs will just dry. So, inside is one of my sister's chicken's eggs...a beautiful orange speckly thing...




I found wisteria in the yard last week, I had been trying to grow it from seed but this just popped up in another location, looks like it's been there for a while, always good to leave some wild space in the yard. This is a lovely spring find




And of course here are some Easter bunny photos of Blanca and Rosa




No comments:

Post a Comment