Monday, June 13, 2022

Yet Still Another...Baby Surprise Jacket Numbers 8 and 4

 Even though Elizabeth Zimmerman's original article (which I clipped from Knitter's magazine, dated 1989) hints that she did not know what she was doing when she "unvented" it.  I suspect that she fully knew, as she knit, what she would wind up with...a "T" shape in knitted form.

I've knit many of these but according to my Ravelry projects, this is only number 7. (I think that there have been more...I know for certain that this is number 8 at least).

I keep knitting it over and over because it is so much fun. One thing I like about this sweater is that just increasing yarn weight increases the size. Elizabeth's Grandson reinterpreted it in circular form, which I did once. It lent itself to colorwork. 

Here is my recent effort, for a local Ukrainian refugee baby, and the "Circular Stranded Baby Surprise Jacket" done in 2016, Number 4.  This pattern concept is now available in baby through adult sizes.






No comments:

Post a Comment