Sunday, January 9, 2011

Current Sock Project

OK  all that said about my not loving sock knitting, I am now working on a pair of socks for someone, hopefully that person isn't reading this.  This person may have figured something out as I did take some foot measurements.

In the past I have enjoyed the color changing yarn so I picked up this lovely stuff


its Supersocke 100 and is lovely and soft, merino, angora and polyamide...what is polyamide anyway? 

Looked it up...here's the scoop via Wikipedia....apparently it's nylon...maybe it's German for "nylon".

Also in the past I have had sock fit issues, so I did a Ravelry search and used this top down sock calculator.  

More later when we see how this proceeds



Some bread machine advice:  if you're VERY lucky, which apparently I am today, you can put the ingredients for not bread machine bread to do "dough only" for two loaves not just one, and have it not spill over on the rise in the machine, only almost



and come out with this



rye with anise instead of caraway seeds.

1 comment:

  1. I think I finally figured out how to add a comment, Ok, so I'm blog challenged. Anyway...

    I really enjoy reading your blog, especially your little tid-bits about food. Also, news about that "someone". And he probably thought you were just playing footsie. Good knitting. Ljay

    ReplyDelete