Monday, January 23, 2012

Who Knew??


Well, and apparently I am Anne Elliot, who exactly is Anne Elliot?  I  don't recall Anne Elliot??!!  Help?

OK, so, what did Jane Austen do with a spinning wheel?  While the well intentioned folks at Interweave are using Jane to sell stuff (I do love them, but really...) I have a suspicion.  Women of the upper reaches of society did not in that era knit or, god forbid, spin.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.  Poor women did both.  Jane aspired not to.  It's likely that she did some needlepoint or crewel, for decorative and not practical purposes.

In other news, finished a hat for son R, modelled here by son B



it's the Utopia hat by SmarieK, thanks! B is looking intense as he's watching the Patriots win...


I also finished Lucia Theodora, but not her clothes as yet.  She's hiding behind a pillow case, not a little upset about the lack of wardrobe...







No comments:

Post a Comment