Sunday, June 10, 2012

Wild Salad and new children's projects!

 Once upon a time, I lived in the Bronx.  I was interested in foraging for wild food.  My friend Lois and I went on a foraging outing in Central Park with Wildman Steve Brill.  At that time, we had to dodge the park police!  We had a blast.  His specialty was "Five Borough Salad"! Another friend's little son and my husband at the time formed a movement called "Men Against Wild Salad" or "MAWS"!!  Today, my sister sent me a clip to  a bit of video from youtube with Steve Brill that's current:






In knitting news, here is the start of two small people's items:

This will be a Tomten jacket for a wee one, I know not who...


 I saved the copy from an ANCIENT copy of Vogue magazine!! 



from 1988...note I wrote "bad directions" the first time I knit it, probably 18 years ago...


 And this will be a Fabled Cardigan for my niece





Here are some garden photos...





I am going on vacation on Friday to, well, somewhere in Europe. I look forward to sharing with you some fibery finds from my trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment