Friday, January 22, 2016

Christmas making, 2015

Here are some photos of things I created for Christmas gifts in 2015, a bit late.

One of my favorite yarns to work with is Mountain Colors' River Twist.  I originally spotted it some years ago at Knit, a yarn store in Charleston SC that no longer exists. I realized this year that it is really beautiful paired with another color



I started knitting an afghan inspired by Kaffe Fassett's poppies pattern.  I ordered more then realized that this would be YET another afghan that doesn't get used much (I also contemplated wall hanging).  So, that was scrubbed. About the same time I realized that I still knew how to knit a kid's pullover without a pattern. So the yarn turned into sweaters for neice and nephew









And then, there was a pair of these...  my friend C had worn out the heels on these handknit socks which were done by another friend. I purchased some leather slipper sock bottoms and sewed them on, after repairing the holes. I used some of the original yarn plus a strand of kidsilk haze. The repair is a success according to C!



And finally, I made myself a gift. I love the Knit Father Christmas pattern available from Interweave, and have done this in the past. This year I knit a Green Father Christmas!






I needlefelted his face and added an armature from floral wire, as I was inspired to do at SAFF. I love Sarafina's needlefelting videos and used this one to do his head and face





 His hands need to be replaced with needle felt ones, and  there are directions here:





No comments:

Post a Comment