Thursday, February 15, 2018

FO: Reyna Shawl

When I was in Copenhagen a couple years ago, I bought some lovely Handmaiden Casbah, actually a sock yarn made of merino, cashmere, and nylon. I purchased it at Sommerfluglen. It travelled (of course!) from Canada  where it was made, to Denmark,  to the US.   It was supposed to be a scarf of knitted broomstick lace, which I found too fiddly. I also don't wear scarves that much.  So, I found the Reyna shawl. 

I may have expounded on this in the past, but I do believe that sometimes yarn must "steep" in the stash before it tells you what it wants to be. (Maybe this belief is a result of buying yarn without a project in mind.)

I often spend time searching on Ravelry for the right pattern for purchased yarn, and it is not unheard of for me to try yarn with a pattern and reject the pattern.  Reyna won and you can see why! 




No comments:

Post a Comment