Saturday, March 10, 2018

Long Gone Sweater

I was recalling a sweater a couple of weeks ago  that I knit probably 30 years ago. Something brought it to mind, perhaps the mention of "hen knitting" on "National Knitting Night" on Netflix. If you have not watched this program, I suggest it; it is a 6 hour "slow tv" program.  More on "hen knitting" in a future post.

Anyway, I was fondly recalling this sweater of old, and maybe wishing I still owned it. I tried to recall the pattern and wool, no luck with a Ravelry search.

THEN  at my last Guild meeting, my friend Ruth put out some old magazines for sale.  I mean REALLY how many old knitting magazines are there? Thousands at least.  

My feeling is that life is about synchronicity.  Looking at the table of Ruth's items, I found this




OMG!  That's it...what are the chances???  Published in  1983

I riffled through my photo stash (way too big) and found these from 1987




Worn with a big corduroy skirt. I don't wear these paler colors anymore.

Thanks for the memories, Ruth!






1 comment:

  1. What are the chances? I'm so glad that an old knitting magazine could bring pleasure again. You did an awesome job knitting the sweater!

    ReplyDelete