Sunday, September 16, 2018

Nova Scotia part one...The Hooked Rug Museum of North America

I have been very lucky to travel with friends this year. After my trip to Bogata Colombia with Celia, I visited Nova Scotia with Barb. We had luxurious time to drive around with no particular plan other than enjoy the views, the walks, the fiber experiences.  

I love this photo. Barb is working on minutes from the Danish Canadia Museum Meeting, and I am working on minutes from the Fiber Guild of the Savannahs...




Sunset from Peggy's Cove. We stayed here at an air bnb owned by Barb's family friend Beth. Highly recommended!




A view from the table...with some spinning and knitting



Peggy's Cove




A great visit to the Hooked Rug Museum of North America. I am not a rug hooker, but I would be if I lived in a drafty cabin in the maritimes 100 years ago and had cold feet (or my children did...)






Of course, they had other wool working tools ...  you had to spin the wool before weaving it; then sew into clothing which wore out before cutting into strips to make rugs...right?  












Can't resist a photo of an old Singer cabinet...



A lovely old reel 

Fabulous photo of Barb in a room devoted to old rugs









The collection included all sorts of fiber prep materials, including the hackle-that-can-also-be-used- as-a-weapon




And then there was this...huge, 5 feet tall or so...I think it's a printer for hooked rug designs. If you know be in touch!




No comments:

Post a Comment