Sunday, November 27, 2011

Holiday Knitting III

You may, my dear readers, think that I have more UFO's than FO's.  I actually have more UFO's than FO's in the last two years.  But yeah, I indulge in startitis.

Upon visiting my LYS in Hilton Head, I discovered some colorchanging Crack Kidsilk Haze and decided that the college roommate/long time friend needed something knit from it, for Christmas.  I decided on Wisp.   


The colors don't come across very well, but are done  by Kaffe Fassett.   The intended recipient and I went to hear him speak years ago so there's a little synergy there.


There is a reason that we joke about Crack Silk Haze, to wit:



Sami with crack silk haze, better than catnip, although perhaps a bit more soporific.

Here's Fiona, reclining on a knit pillow (one reason I love her is that she matches all my furniture...)






I adopted a new cat today;  it's owner passed away.  He is sequestered in the spare bedroom.  I locked him in so that the girls wouldn't pester him.  Pictures to follow, once he stops hissing at me and comes out from under the bed.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to try the new Kidsilk Crack someday but I know it is very expensive.
    How very kind of you to help a kitty in need Wendy ...we need more people like you in this world :-)

    ReplyDelete