Sunday, November 27, 2016

SAFF 2016 part two


Here are a few  more  photos from my SAFF journey this year. First, one of my favorite views every autumn





This little black lamb's ewe rejected him, he was being bottle fed by the owner and got lots of attention




My friend the amazingly talented Milissa Dewey working  on a loom from the 1850's from Kentucky which had not been used for 100 years 




And here is Alan Dewey and his bowler hat behind a lovely old walking wheel and another barn loom, this one from Ashe County NC dated 1830. The original owner wove her son's confederate uniform on this loom...





and here is my new loom,  hand created for me by an old friend. It is a 7 foot triloom but adjustable. I'm having great fun with it!



And here are some animal photos


The horns on this ram were impressive,  we actually did see one back up and "ram" another cage, quite scary (see the next photo down)



The sign below reads "stay  back please"




I did a class on knitting from silk hankies, here are some coccoons


Here is a large mound of silk caps from China




I stayed with my brother who lives in Campobello "Beautiful Field" South Carolina











Part of my brother's "Stable" of Corvairs



Dinner

 Max loves to chew socks but the ones made of rabbit fur are particularly enticing...










No comments:

Post a Comment