Thursday, March 10, 2011

FO: Socks

His socks:  done.  First pair I've finished in a long time.  I like Anne's pattern, The Sock Pattern to End All Sock Patterns.



I do know sock pattern ratios in my head, but this pattern was helpful with using my gauge to the intended's foot.  I think it came up a little short, and I was too impulsive to add length.  But the width is great.  I do think my gauge on 4 double points does tend to vary during knitting.  But they are very pretty and I love the yarn, Online's Supersocke 100. Very very soft, contains some angora.

OK and why DOES my "Christmas" cactus bloom closer to spring equinox than winter solstice?  Perhaps its age (5) has caused it to revert to more normal blooming tendencies, as the light increases??  Worth waiting for...










 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, I luv Christmas cactus...my Gram had one that was very big and old and it bloomed twice a year. Once in November and then again in early spring just before Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angora in sock yarn. Those feet are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His socks are handsome, and the strips line up!! And the Christmas Cactus is lovely, reminds me of my "aunties" who always had one. Thanks. Louise

    ReplyDelete