Sunday, July 3, 2011

Even cats like Noro: Mitred Square Afghan

I have been working on this project for several years.  I used to knit while doing my daily walking, and these small squares were perfect for that.  In the last several years, I have  been doing a more vigorous workout at the gym and not walking (on the street, anyway...). 

So this project, an afghan using Noro Kureyon,  has  been in deepish project hibernation for several years.  I bought the yarn, two different colorways, at various yarn stores.  In the process I learned that one had been discontinued.

I am trying to work through the stash a little, and decided to work on this and finish this summer.

Basic directions for one square, for which there is NO originality


Cast on 41 stitches, perhaps on a size 5 for the Kureyon.

Row 1. knit 19, sl 1, knit 2 tog, psso, k 19.

Row 2.  Purl back. 

Row 3.  Knit 18, sl 1, knit 2 tog, psso, knit 18.

Row 4.  Purl back.

Continue in this way until you have 3 stitches on right side, sl 1, k2 tog, psso, cut yarn and pull thru.  (Use the yarn tail to sew them up later). Make lots more, as many as you like, lay them out. 




Make sure a cat poses on them



Once they are sewn together, consider a crocheted border


1 comment:

  1. It will be a great afghan, I'm sure. I am not a crochet woman, I would knit an I-cord. Perhaps you should ask your cat:))

    ReplyDelete