Friday, July 29, 2011

I finished something: Noro Mitred Square Afghan

My stash is big, but my UFO pile is pretty big, too.  I decided this year that I would try to finish some UFO's.  Today I had success with one.  My Noro Mitred Square Afghan is done! I wrote about it here. I decided to crochet an edge to try to bring it all together with what was left once the squares were done.  I tried a knit border  but it didn't work.

I don't think I'm the only one to do this sort of afghan but it sure is lovely.  There's something about that Noro...love all the intense colors, and the long enough runs of color.  I gave up on the triangle point border, deciding that they would just flop about.  I went with a simple crocheted edge to pull it together and use up a little more of the Kureyon.  Is "kureyon" the Japanese pronunciation or version of "crayon," do you suppose?  I haven't looked it up but that's my guess.



I started this with one color , about 5 years ago.  When I realized I needed more, I discovered that the original was discontinued, I chose another to do more squares with.  Intense oranges, greens, purples, that's my preference.


 Not to compare myself, but can Noro take credit for reminding me of David Hockney?

3 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Wendy. I luv crochet and knit blankets, especially with all those gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blanket is so cool. And the simple edging is a good choice. There is no need to overdo it, when the colors are so intense. Great to see the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Noro blanket! Noro is sometimes scratchy, but I don't think you can beat it for the intense color. Wonderful stuff!!

    ReplyDelete