Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ravellenics

Well, my good friend Deb came to visit.  Her social life on Ravelry is much fuller than mine.  We were discussing her group, Criminal Knits, and their Ravellenics team.  I had been invited by Helen to join Team Iceland the week before and declined due to time.

Deb explained more to me about how to follow one's groups on Ravelry forums, prior, I had just clicked on my groups...Deb helped me to figure out how to make this easier by fixing my forums settings.  Thanks, Deb!

At that point I decided to reconsider my Team Iceland participation!  I have started a new Theodora for a certain little girl who I'm related to, thinking that I would give Theodora-Lucia to Mom and knit her Lucia costume...thus...how appropriate to do the Lucia doll costume as my Ravellenics challenge!  


and here we are casting on last week:


And here is progress thus far:


I am underwhelmed by Olympics advertising and have been spending time watching foreign films instead, notably Jan Troell's Everlasting Moments. I am sad that his films of Wilhelm Moberg's The Emigrant's Saga are not available in format for the US. 

No comments:

Post a Comment