Thursday, April 28, 2011

Kid Silk Haze Shawl No. 3: Garden Shawl

I am addicted.  Period.  I bought more KSH, this time some rosy corally pink.

I  bought Clara Parkes' The Knitters Book of Wool simply to do Evelyn A. Clark's Prairie Rose Lace Shawl.  The KSH and the Prairie Rose were not a great match for me.  I was OK until row 15, on that row the pattern isn't  bilaterally symmetrical (doesn't mirror itself) on either side of the spine. (Sorry about the anatomical terms but if you knit lace you'll understand).  With the KSH, I can't read the lace well, as it is so fine and the halo/haze gets in the way.

So I switched to another of Evelyn's confections, this one the Garden Shawl from her book Knitting Lace Triangles.  I really love this little book and it has helped me to understand lace triangle construction. 



So far, so good.  I can read the lace.

A couple of years ago I bought some small mulberry trees, hoping to someday have a large grove with which to feed some silk worms.  No, I don't yet have them, mostly because the tree that I put in the ground hasnt done so well;  something may be eating it.  The one still in a large pot does better.  Son B did an artful photo of a mulberry leaf...maybe someday I'll have those silkworms.



Phoebe Snow passed away this week;  life is short:  enjoy it!








No comments:

Post a Comment